I cooked this little number up for hubby and I for dinner Saturday night. I adapted it from Cooking Light – I uped the heat! Next time i would definitely cook the noodles longer, and more salt on the chicken peices! It was quick cook and something I could do on a “school night”.
Thai Rice Noodles with Chicken
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice, divided
- 2 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 8 ounces 1/2-inch-thick rice noodles
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh chile paste with garlic (such as sambal oelek)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons thinly diagonally sliced green onions
- 1 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
1. Combine 2 tablespoons juice and chicken in a bowl. Let stand 15 minutes.
2. Soak noodles in hot water 15 minutes or until somewhat soft but still slightly chewy. Drain well.
3. Combine remaining 2 tablespoons juice, sugar, and next 4 ingredients (through chile paste). Stir in 1/8 teaspoon salt.
4. Heat a large wok or skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Remove chicken from juice; discard juice. Add chicken to pan; stir-fry 4 minutes or until done. Transfer to large bowl; sprinkle with remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to pan. Add green onions, ginger, and garlic; stir-fry 45 seconds or just until golden and fragrant. Add noodles; cook 30 seconds, tossing well. Stir in sugar mixture. Add chicken; cook 30 seconds. Place 1 1/4 cups noodle mixture on each of 4 plates.
- Fat:5.5g (sat 0.6g,mono 2.9g,poly 1.6g)