This was an amazingly simple and delicious soup! I’m so excited that I still have 2 lemon grass stalks, i can’t wait to make it again!! I did learn some things about lemon grass! You need to peel off a couple of the outer sheaths, cut off a large hunk of the bottom to get all the bulb off, and then slice it like a green onion, but only 2/3 up the stalk… Then finely chop the little slices cause the bigger pieces will be un-edible and use the rest of the stalk as flavoring in the soup! The smell of the lemon grass is amazing! I was running around the house sniffing it! Hubby was laughing at me!
I used Serrano Chiles vs the Thai chilies it called for and it worked great! Fabulous heat! I’d probably skip the chicken, maybe use tofu, or maybe nothing else!
- 3 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped peeled fresh lemongrass
- 2 tablespoons Thai fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped seeded Serrano Chili
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces (could take it or leave it)
- 1 (14-ounce) can light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Combine first 7 ingredients in a large saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat; stir in chicken and coconut milk. Cook 3 minutes or until chicken is done. Sprinkle with cilantro.
- Calories:228 (29% from fat)
- Fat:7.3g (sat 4g,mono 0.7g,poly 0.5g)