This was the main dish for the ladies. I was surprised at how hot the peppers were! I would probably add more orange juice next time!
Scallops with Chipotle-Orange Sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 pounds large sea scallops
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped canned chipotle chile in adobo sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Sprinkle scallops with paprika and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Add scallops to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove from pan, and keep warm.
Add orange juice and chile to the pan, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Bring to a boil, and cook until reduced to 1/4 cup (about 1 minute). Add 1 tablespoon butter and 1/8 teaspoon salt, stirring with a whisk until smooth. Serve the sauce with scallops, and garnish with the onions.
- Calories:218 (29% from fat)
- Fat:7.1g (sat 3.7g,mono 1.7g,poly 0.7g)