I created this from a different type of sauce for a chicken recipe.
We had some spinach quiches that needed some extra something to make them worth eating, so i came up with this!
Cheese and Corn Dip
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 can of corn
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 cup fat free milk
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) block-style fat-free cream cheese
- 1 cups (8 ounces) shredded extrasharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup mozzarella
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco)
To prepare sauce, melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add corn, jalapeno and onion. Cook 10 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in chili powder; cook 1 minute. Stir in milk and cream cheese; cook 6 minutes over low heat, stirring frequently. Stir in cheddar cheese, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and hot pepper sauce; cook 4 minutes or until melted, stirring frequently. Add more milk to consistency desired. Serve warm!.