This moist cake is amazing served warm straight from the slow cooker, along with a small scoop of light vanilla bean ice cream or whipped topping!
1 box (18.25 ounce) devil’s food cake mix
1 cup fat-free sour cream
1 cup 1% low-fat milk (or use nonfat or 2% milk)
2 large eggs, a higher omega-3 brand if available
2 egg whites or ¼ cup egg substitute
¾ cup Kahlua liqueur (or similar)
16oz container frosting
1. Coat inside of slow cooker with canola cooking spray.
2. In large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, sour cream, milk, eggs, egg whites, and Kahlua by beating on medium for about a minute.
3. Pour cake batter into prepared slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours or on HIGH for 3-4 hours.
4. Rich before serving, frost the cake
5. Cut cake into about 16 wedges. Serve each slice with a small scoop of light vanilla bean ice cream (using a cookie dough scoop), if desired.