Found this recipe via an email from Spark People. My Sunday desert crowd was meeting today – and the normal pie menu was replaced with cookies due to a food injury on the main coordinator. I figured these would do nicely! I’m not a big fan of most of my cookies – although i could eat an entire batch without them being cooked! This is no different- batter is great, cookies so-so – although hubby thought they were yummy!
The normal cookie scooper will not do, it gets gummed up. I found rubber gloves, small balls, mooshed prior to placing on the pammed cookie sheet worked best!
911 Chocolate Emergency Cookies!
6 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
6 oz bittersweet chocolate (can use dark chocolate), broke into large pieces
1 stick unsalted butter, softened and divided
1 1/2 cup flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3 large eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1. Melt chocolates and 1/2 stick butter (in microwave). Cool briefly.
2. Sift flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. Beat 1/2 stick butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until the consistancy of wet sand.
4. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix.
5. Mix in chocolate mixture, beating only until combined.
6. Stir in flour mixture, only until combined.
7. Chill for 1 hour.
8. Dip out with an ice cream scoop (I use a 4 teaspoon cookie dipper) onto a greased cookie sheet.
9. Bake 1 sheet at a time for 9 to 11 minutes in a 350 degree oven. Do not over bake.
10. Cool 2 minutes on pan before moving to cooling racks.
Number of Servings: 48