Found this lovely in my old pile of cooking lights! I of course changed it, cause i never have the ingredients i need, nor can I leave things alone!
It was for left over turkey – but we had just done beer can chicken, it said a head of cabbage, but i find the bag-o-slaw so much easier to deal with! Next time i’ll bump up the heat on the dressing – perhaps jalapeno or some red pepper flakes… and some additional salt! I set it up for lunch, so i separate everything into 4 food buckets. Slaw in the bottom, red onion in it’s own baggies, green peppers (since red were 1.99 a piece) just cut up on top of slaw, chicken diced and separated into baggie and the dressing split into 4 little containers – yes i am a nut! I skipped the cilantro, green onion and peanuts as well!
4 servings (serving size: 1 3/4 cups)
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons bottled ground fresh ginger (such as Spice World)
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 serrano chile (maybe 2 next time or a jalapeno)
- 4 cups thinly sliced napa (Chinese) cabbage (1 bag o slaw)
- 3 cups shredded cooked turkey (or left over beer can chicken)
- 1 cup red bell pepper strips (about 1 small pepper) (i did chunks, easier to eat)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro (skipped it)
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions (skipped it)
- 1 tablespoon dry-roasted peanuts, chopped (don’t like nuts on my food)
To prepare the salad dressing, place the first 11 ingredients in a blender, and process until smooth.
To prepare the salad, combine the cabbage and remaining ingredients in a large bowl, and pour the dressing over the salad, tossing to coat.
- Calories:250 (30% from fat)
- Fat:8.3g (sat 2.2g,mono 2.3g,poly 2.6g)