Made this for Sunday night dinner and we really liked it!!
Curried Shrimp in Peanut Sauce
4 servings (serving size: 1 cup shrimp in peanut sauce, 1 cup pasta, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cilantro)
- 2/3 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (1/2-inch) piece peeled fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups sliced green onions
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
While pasta cooks, place broth and next 5 ingredients (broth through ginger) in a blender or food processor, and process until smooth.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onions, curry, and garlic; sauté 3 minutes. Add shrimp; cook 6 minutes or until shrimp are done. Stir in some of the peanut sauce; cook for 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Serve over rice, and sprinkle with cilantro.