Found this in Fitness magazine, I’ve changed it a bit, but it was very yummy, and fun for guests!
Shrimp and Pineapple Skewers with Garlic and Cilantro Drizzle
- 8 (10inch) bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 15 minutes, then drained.
1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails removed
- 2 cans pineapple chunks
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and ribs removed, cut into 1 inch squares (about 24 pieces)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ½ tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- ½ teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Pinch one shrimp into a horseshoe shape and thread it onto a skewer, piercing it once near the tail and again near the head. Follow with a square of red pepper and a cube of pineapple. Repeat twice. Then do the same with remaining skewers. Brush with olive oil.
Combine remaining ingredients to make sauce – Olive oil thru pepper.
Place on broiler pan or on rack on cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
Place under broiler
Pineapple will begin to caramelize, the pepper begins to char, and the shrimp will turn pink.
Remove from pan, drizzle with garlic and cilantro sauce.