I really liked this one. Hubby even liked it, and it has olives in it! The kalmata olives give it a good taste and replace the more calorie ridden tahini very well! This one will be make the rounds for sure!
1 3/4 cups (serving size: 2 tablespoons)
- 1/4 cup chopped bottled roasted red bell peppers
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons extravirgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 (15 1/2-ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
Place all ingredients in a food processor; process until smooth, scraping sides of processor bowl once. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator.
Note: Serve with pita triangles or fresh vegetables.
- Calories:49 (24% from fat)
- Fat:1.3g (sat 0.2g,mono 0.8g,poly 0.3g)