This recipe originally called for crawfish, but i had shrimp on hand, so there you have it! It was chopped really small and it worked out great! I might also had some crab next time as well… I wasn’t thrilled with the texture, maybe i was light on the shrimp, not sure it was a full pound, and not sure i was able drain the tomatoes from the first can as well as i would have liked, but hubby loved it and so did the crowd, so we’ll keep it! I also threw it all into a crock pot to keep it warm and bubble for the duration of the evening!
Cheese Dip with Crawfish
About 6 cups dip (serving size: 1/3 cup dip and about 6 chips)
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound frozen cooked peeled and shrimp, thawed, rinsed, and drained
- 1 pound light processed cheese, cubed (such as Velveeta Light)
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 5 1/2 ounces baked tortilla chips
- Green onion strips (optional)
Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Add shrimp; cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove mixture from pan; cover and keep warm.
Add cheese and tomatoes to pan; cook over medium-low heat for 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Stir in shrimp mixture and chopped green onions. Serve with tortilla chips. Garnish with green onion strips, if desired.
- Calories:115 (29% from fat)
- Fat:3.7g (sat 2.1g,mono 0.9g,poly 0.4g)