Tofu with Finger-Licking Peanut Sauce
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons chile paste with garlic
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound firm tofu, drained and cubed
Combine first 8 Ingredients: in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until smooth, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
Sprinkle tofu with salt and pepper to taste, each side.
While sauce cooks, in a pan coated with cooking spray fry the tofu, 4 minutes each side. Add onions if you wish.
Put tofu, onions, and carrot in a large bowl. Serve with sauce.
Options include with rice, pasta or quinoa. Very versatile sauce.