I made this without the egg noodles, i did wheat bow ties, and only 1/2 a cup. Cuts the calories, even more!
Super Yummy – i can’t wait to see how the flavors meld overnight!
Beef Bourguignonne with Egg Noodles
9 servings (serving size: about 1 cup beef mixture, 3/4 cup noodles, and 1 teaspoon parsley)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 1/4 pounds beef stew meat
- 3 bacon slices, chopped and divided
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups dry red wine
- 1 (14-ounce) can less-sodium beef broth
- 8 cups halved mushrooms (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen pearl onions
- 7 cups hot cooked medium egg noodles (about 6 cups uncooked noodles)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Combine flour, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add beef; seal and shake to coat.
Cook half of bacon in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan with a slotted spoon; set aside. Add half of beef mixture to drippings in pan; cook 5 minutes, browning on all sides. Remove beef from pan; cover and keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining bacon and beef mixture. Remove beef from pan; cover and keep warm.
Add chopped onion, sliced carrot, and minced garlic to pan; sauté 5 minutes. Stir in red wine and broth, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Add bacon, beef, remaining 1 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper, mushrooms, tomato paste, chopped thyme, bay leaves, and pearl onions; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 45 minutes. Uncover and cook 1 hour or until beef is tender. Discard bay leaves. Serve beef mixture over noodles; sprinkle with parsley.
- Calories:447 (29% from fat)
- Fat:14.6g (sat 5.1g,mono 6.1g,poly 1.5g)