Ok, so I promised an update a long time ago…
This was another of the Devner Restaurant visits.
I took my friend Jen as my date since the hubby was his super duper successful conference! We met up with friends Eric and Kelli down town.
The location was really neat! Great place for a romantic date I’d say! They have sparkly lights in the ceiling, meticulous waiters, wonderful wine list, and a great menu.
Here were the choices:
First Course (choice of)
• Slow Roasted Puree of Butternut Squash Soup
• Roasted Pear and Baby Watercress Salad
• Romaine Heart Salad
Second Course (choice of)
• Wild Mushroom Risotto
• Pave of Atlantic Salmon
• Seared Rare Hawaiian Ahi Tuna
• Veal Scallopini Marsala
Third Course (choice of)
• Tahitian Vanilla Bean Crème Brûlée
• Homemade Butterscotch Pudding
• Illy Café Coffee Ice Cream Sandwich
• Chilled Shrimp Cocktail ($5 Supplement)
• Dungeness Crab Avocado and Mango Terrine ($4 Supplement)
• Hawaiian Ahi Tuna ($4 Supplement)
• Torchon of Grade “A” Foie Gras ($5 Supplement)
• Charbroiled Black Angus Tenderloin ($8 Supplement)
• Seared Diver Scallops ($8 Supplement)
I went with the wedge salad (not listed), Seared Ahi – sooo yummy!, and the crème brulee. Of the others at the table, the butternut squash was enjoyed, Foie Gras (it was just ok), Romain Heart Salad (good going down, but the bite in the dressing was with Jen throughout the evening), Scallops were tastey, Veal Scollopini was very good, butterscotch pudding was too authentic for Jen and Eric, but Kelli really liked the Ice Cream Sandwhich.
Definitely a place to return to. Maybe a romantic evening for the hubby and I. There are also 3 other restuarants under the Kevin Taylor umbrella here in Denver. Who knew?
The local was someplace I had never noticed! It was right there in the theater area. Tucked into where the Ballets are held.