Today’s Thursday 13 is all about helping me!
It turns out that company policy prohibits access to external email at work – aka – yahoo, gmail, hotmail
If I come up with a compelling enough reason, I can keep my access!
Here are my current reasons why I need to be allowed access to the external email
1. I am not an employee, so I do not give out my company email to any of my contacts.
2. I use external email to address my company and work issues
3. I correspond with the company that developed our current environment via external email
4. I have contacts that assist me with my job that I correspond with via external email
5. I do timesheet, receive bulletins and news group postings (work related) via external email
6. I use my external email to register with groups and download needed items for work, to keep down spam
So I need the help of my friends here to come up with other reasons why I MUST keep access to external email!
I really hate stupid companies that remove the "perks" that keep me here over 8 hours a day….